2021 Hoosier Regatta. We are pleased to report that we have 25 boats confirmed, plus two “maybe’s”.
Here are some random bits of info as you plan your weekend….
· The Wawasee Yacht Club location on Google Maps is correct
· We are on Eastern Standard Time
· The SI’s are attached. Appendix A – Course Diagram – will be available at registration
· Please plan to pay registration fee using check or cash
· Fact: Lake Wawasee is Indiana’s largest natural lake
· The registration fee ($135) covers everything for your team of 3. Extras (meals, shirts, etc) may be purchased.
· We have one crane, but our volunteers get people in and out pretty quickly.
· The sail to/from the course is not far
· There is (still) no WiFi at the club
· This IS David Schmahl at the club
· Everyone will have housing
· There are showers at the club
· Most people will arrive Friday evening. Skipper’s meeting is Saturday at 1100, so there is time to rig in the morning
· There will be beer and snacks at the club for Friday night’s welcome party
· Fact: Lake Wawasee is one of the southernmost glacial lakes in the US
· For Friday dinner, there are 2 great options nearby
o The Sleepy Owl (walkable, big menu, popular)
o The Man Cave Brewing Co. (1.9 miles south, gastropub, cool scene)
· There is a big BRUNCH at the club Saturday morning from 0900 til 1100. There is no lunch, so eat a lot!
· For you early birds, stop at Brew City Roasting Company in town (2 miles north) for great coffee and treats. The Syracuse Café is also a nice sunrise breakfast joint.
· We’re planning on mostly downwind finishes
· Bill and Lori Crawford are official race photographers! (visit www.harborpictures.com)
· Our protest committee is ill-tempered, so let’s settle everything before returning to the pier
· Beer and the famous hot buttered rum after sailing. Happy hour at 6PM. Dinner & Program at 7:00
· Dinner is steak, baked potato, salad, etc.
· Sunday morning light breakfast at the club. Lunch (chili) to follow racing.
On behalf of all the members of Wawasee Yacht Club and Lightning Fleet 154, we look forward to a great weekend of friends, food, and great racing!!
Still Need more info? or let them know your coming contact: