The Executive Committee seeks to establish venues for the 2009 North American Championship (NAs) and the 2009 Woman’s, Juniors', and Masters' (WJMs) Championship. This is an “off year” event and not
a qualifying year for the next World Championship. Therefore, the event will tend to be somewhat less intense, and will be quite family oriented.
- A Midwest location is preferred but all locations will be considered.
- The locations for the two events can be separate but should be in reasonable proximity.
- Preferred dates are during the second week of August for the NAs and in the preceding week for the WJMs.
- Organizing and running these events is lots of work, but not as much as has been generally thought. Running the event is fun and rewarding for an organizing committee, allows for lots of involvement by the local sailing community, provides the opportunity to showcase our outstanding boat and class, and can be a money maker for the local fleet.
- Assistance is available from the Executive Committee, and from individuals within the class who have much experience. We will literally coach you through the process and through the event.
- Contact Todd Johnson, VP North Americans Liaison at:
email@example.com or 202-302-2622